The Health Sciences Library
Located in the Chestnut Building on the main campus of Baystate Medical Center, the library offers quality information resources and knowledge services to advance patient care, research, education, community outreach and to support the administrative aspects of health care. The library offers efficient access to thousands of digital and print knowledge resources, major databases and clinical information, and supports their effective use through formal instruction and consultations. Library professionals help provide accurate and timely evidence based information at the point-of-care or at other convenient locations - and we offer remote access to our electronic resources.
Service hours are Monday – Friday, 7 am to 5 pm. Ext. 4-1865
Baystate Consumer Health Library
In support of the health information needs of our patients and their families, we operate a Consumer Health Library in the ambulatory care building at 3300 Main Street. A librarian is available most weekdays to help find reliable health information using a variety of resources and offers programs to the community.
Call the Consumer Health Library at: X 4-7010 for more information.
Stop by the Health Sciences Library or visit our Web site, to:
- Obtain articles and books
- Access eBooks, ejournals and other digital resources
- Learn advanced search techniques
- Search using your mobile device
- Manage references using EndNote
- Schedule consultations or classes
- Request search alerts or updates
- Identify reliable consumer health information
- Use computer training room and other learning space
- Employ audience response technology for your presentations or instruction
- And more!
We encourage questions and suggestions and hope that you find our resources useful. Call us at X 4-1865 with questions or for assistance using our resources.