Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
2020-21 BERST Academy Base Camp 10/1 & 10/2
Base Camp Materials & Resources
Hello BERST Members!
We are getting excited to see you all on October 1st and 2nd! Since our Virtual Base Camp is shorter than our in-person session, we are giving you some pre-work to set some foundational principles and offer additional credit hours.
- The pre-work will take you about 90 minutes, and it is due on Monday, September 28th by midnight.
- Here is the link to the Base Camp Pre-work Google Form: https://forms.gle/vzuLBPSdsxMbnv6f7
- In order to complete the pre-work, you will need to complete the required readings below.
- You will also need to watch the YouTube video posted below. This video will also be posted on our on our private BERST Academy Workplace page: https://baystatehealth.workplace.com/groups/649908621845761
- You should also plan to complete homework during Base Camp which will be assigned at the end of Day on on October 1st. Please read the materials assigned at that time ahead of activities on October 2nd. This will also require about 90 minutes of your time.
If you have any questions about the pre-work or Base Camp, please do not hesitate to email BERST@baystatehealth.org. We can’t wait to see you!
Your BERST Faculty
Tips & Tricks: Teachers Educating on Zoom
If it’s your first time using Zoom, visit the Educating Guide: Getting Started
on Zoom and complete the steps in advance of your class to get you set up.
Zoom Annotation for iPhone and iPad
Annotation Tools for iPhone and iPad
Zoom Annotation Tools Navigation Sheet
Annotation Tools Navigantion. To annotate while viewing someone else's shared screen, select View Option from the top of the Zoom window, and then choose Annotate. A toolbar appears with all your options for annotating.
Zoom Bottom Tool Bar Navigation
Zoom has a main toolbar at the bottom of the window. These are your main controls for
Zoom Switch to Phone Audio Instructions
You can join a Zoom meeting by means of teleconferencing/audio conferencing (using a traditional phone). This is useful when: you do not have a microphone or speaker on your PC/Mac, you do not have a smartphone (iOS or Android) while on the road, or you cannot connect to a network for video and VoIP (computer audio)